While waiting on the book, go to InfoCenter (www.iseries.ibm.com/infocenter), open up the Database item and look for Printable manuals or some such. There are both a reference and a programmer's guide - everything is there, albeit sometimes hard to dig through.

Then there is www.iseries.ibm.com/db2, which has oooooodles of good stuff. Click on the Support tab, then on the Education link. In there is a section on online education, which are free. The section on classes is for courses you pay for, but I think some of the online stuff comes out of those classes.

Then there are code samples and technical articles, etc.

There's a link to an online tutorial - the link is broken but repairable - right-click on it and "copy link location" (in Firefox - similar in IE), then paste it into your browser and substitute "iseriesnetwork" for "as400network" - you need to be registered on the site, I hope not the pricey membership. At any rate, it is chapters 1 & 3 of Paul Conte's excellent SQL book. Or use this

http://www.iseriesnetwork.com/resources/tutorials/DB2UDB/

Apparetnly there used to be a Club Tech DB2 UDB and SQL/400 Newsletter -

http://www.iseriesnetwork.com/resources/clubtech/index.cfm?fuseaction=ShowNewsletter&PubID=11

HTH - and enjoy!

Vern

At 10:39 AM 6/17/2005, you wrote:

> Jeff,
>
> Use CONCAT this way:
>
>       vndnr CONCAT weekx CONCAT digit
>
> HTH,

I feel like a moron at his first day at school . . .

Thanks everyone.  Sure hope that SQL book I ordered early this week gets
here. <g>

--
Jeff Crosby
Dilgard Frozen Foods, Inc.