I think the point is that your VB6 programs may not run on new versions
of Windows, and in fact that's been the case throughout the history of
the operating system: in order to keep up to date, you have to rewrite
your applications regularly.  With the iSeries, you can still run
programs from 20 years ago.

Windows devotees will insist that this is somehow a bad thing, declaring
that the ability to run old code somehow prevents you from moving ahead,
but that's pure crap designed to hide a glaring deficiency in
Microsoft's architecture.

With the iSeries, you can stay with old technology, move to new
technology, or you can mix the two.  You can make a business decision as
to whether it makes sense to rewrite perfectly good code - code that may
have decades of tweaking for your particular business rules.  With
Windows, however, you must rewrite your system to whatever the Microsoft
application technology du jour is.  Right now it's .NET; who knows what
it will be in five years.  However, I know that an RPG program I write
today will still run a decade from now.  Those of us who remember the
concept call that "protecting your investment".

Joe