I'm actually a user and a vendor of an FTP security
product.  I created it for my own use (and to help secure
FTP better and provide anonymous support) for companies
that I work for.

It's called FTPTOOL and can be found at
www.bvstools.com/ftptool.html.

It provides global security for connections and FTP
commands and logging as well as the same security down to
the user id/IP address level.  You can control logging,
which commands are available at a low level and which
directories on the machine these commands are allowed.

What this means is you can shut down certain FTP commands
globally, and turn them on for specific users.  Or just the
opposite.

It also allows you to add "trigger" applications so that
when a certain command (GET, PUT, DIR, etc) is run you can
call any application or command on your machine and also
have the parameters available (such as filename that was
used).

It's very low priced (under $300) and because I use it and
write it, I believe I provide superior support to most.

Any questions, feel free to contact me.  I also believe
there are a few on this list that use it that may be able
to share.

Brad
www.bvstools.com