9406-600 running V5R2.  I have a pc program which spits out text files (most
400K, some 1.5gig), then I run them through a VB program to format the data,
upload it, then run an RPG program to assimilitate with master file data.

I was thinking the other day that I could have the program spit out the data as
comma delimited to a shared folder then assimilate.  I got a small test to work
and I'm trying a 400K file now and it's taking much longer than the VB/upload
process did.  Shouldn't it be faster?  The other process didn't take that long
but took lots of babysitting.  Thoughts?  TIA.

Jim Newman

This thread ...