Zvi

I dug around some, especially in the ILE Concepts manual. Chapter 4 of that manual discusses teraspace usage. A module has to be both enabled for teraspace AND use the *TERASPACE storage model. Only C and C++ have the option to specify the storage model on the module create command. At least, this is what I am seeing. I find it interesting that the RPG Reference says a new capability at V4R4 is the "ability to tolerate pointers in teraspace".

So I think that there is no way to create an RPGLE module that will use the teraspace storage model, hence, you cannot bind any RPGLE module to a C module that IS using that storage model. Use the DSPMOD command to see the 2 values

Teraspace storage enabled . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :   *YES
Storage model . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :   *SNGLVL

So I believe you can call an ILE RPG program from a C program and pass a teraspace pointer. You might even be able to declare such a pointer in RPG - I don't know that answer.

You might post to the RPG group here - someone there will probably know more. And your company should have IBM support - if so, you can call and get your question answered - someone at your company might need to authorize you, or they can call for you. The point is, IBM support will take the time to answer your question. And your company has already paid for it. I cannot suggest strongly enough that the best source is ultimately IBM itself - we on this list have limited knowledge compared to what you get at IBM, although the list often responds more quickly when someone knows the answer. OTOH, you can put your question out on the Internet interface at IBM and get the answer pretty quickly, without waiting on the phone.

Let us know what you find.

Vern