Thanks, Al. That's basically what the young man at Supportline said, but he didn't sound nearly as sure of what he was talking about as you do. That's what's so great about this group.

Al Barsa wrote:
The SAV command will save literally anything, but as Rob said, for the
native file system, use SAVSYS, SAVLIB, SAVOBJ and SAVCHGOBJ.

The RST command is capable of doing a lot of damage.

I reviewed the design specs for SAV prior to the release of V3R1, and made
the command that these commands should be shipped in a library called
QSYSUGLY.  The designer was not impressed.

Al

Al

Al Barsa, Jr.
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

400>390

"i" comes before "p", "x" and "z"
e gads

Our system's had more names than Elizabeth Taylor!

914-251-1234
914-251-9406 fax

http://www.barsaconsulting.com
http://www.taatool.com
http://www.as400connection.com

Wayne McAlpine <wayne.mcalpine@s os.louisiana.gov> To Sent by: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx midrange-l-bounce cc s@xxxxxxxxxxxx Subject Re: Odd Behavior of SAV Command 05/24/2005 12:37 PM Please respond to Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@midra nge.com>

Just a heads up.

rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

How are you hoping we may help you?  Or was this just a heads up?
I guess I agree with IBM on this one.  Use SAVLIB or SAVOBJ for library
objects.