Don,

I've looked into this... here a summary that you should also be able to find in the archives.

It appears that Oracle provides 3 (ok 4) products related to
DB2/400 <--> Oracle access:

1) Oracle Transparent Gateway for DB2/400
        --runs on iSeries
       --Handles Oracle --> DB2/400 access
       --TCP/IP
2) Oracle Transparent Gateway for DRDA
        --runs on a host system (Windows, UNIX, Linux, ect)
        --handles Oracle --> DB2/400 access (or any other DRDA server)
        --uses SNA or TCP/IP
3) Oracle Access Manager for AS/400
        --runs on iSeries
        --Handles DB2/400 --> Oracle access
        --uses TCP/IP

4) Oracle Generic Connectivity
        --runs on Oracle System
        --Handles Oracle --> DB2/400 access
        --uses ODBC or OLEDB driver to access DB2/400

IBM Provides one product:

1) DB2 Information Integrator (formally DataJoiner)
        --runs on a (non-iSeries) host system
        --Handles DB2/400 --> Oracle access
        --uses TCP/IP

Now it appears Oracle packages options 1-3 together at a cost of $35,000.  Option 4 is built into the Oracle DB software already.

Note that the way you use Oracle Access Manager for AS/400 is via embedded or interactive SQL that includes the CONNECT TO statement.  You can't set up a DDM file and use native RPG I/O.

HTH,

Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America
ph: 513-573-4343