Does a disk with that Serial Number exist on the system?

Did you do the Option 2 install (Install Licensed Internal Code and
Initialize system) from the Install Licensed Internal Code menu?

I'm not sure if the load source has to be in a specific slot, but if it
does I'd guess that it's L01 (the top slot).

Regards,

Scott Ingvaldson
iSeries System Administrator
GuideOne Insurance Group