Hi Mark

I've got it working with CuteFTP.

http://www.globalscape.com/cuteftppro/

I've got the session define as SSL, no SSH.

BellSouth's manual says it will work with IBM's FTP client. I'm just missing something.

Here is the log from a connection using CuteFTP.

*** CuteFTP 7.0 - build Mar 10 2005 ***

STATUS:> Getting listing ""...
STATUS:> Resolving host name AICXFERTEST.BELLSOUTH.COM...
STATUS:> Host name AICXFERTEST.BELLSOUTH.COM resolved: ip = 139.76.142.4.
STATUS:> Connecting to FTP server AICXFERTEST.BELLSOUTH.COM:21 (ip = 139.76.142.4)...
STATUS:> Socket connected. Waiting for welcome message...
220 <<<Connect:Enterprise UNIX 2.2.00 Secure FTP>>> at aic00387 FTP server ready. Time = 13:32:51
STATUS:> Connected. Authenticating...
COMMAND:> AUTH SSL
234 AUTH TLS-P/SSL OK.
STATUS:> Establishing SSL session.
STATUS:> Initializing SSL module.
STATUS:> Connected. Exchanging encryption keys...
Session Cipher: 128 bit RC2
STATUS:> SSL Connect time: 640 ms.
STATUS:> SSL encrypted session established.
COMMAND:> PBSZ 0
200 PBSZ 0 OK.
COMMAND:> USER xf000016
331 Password required for XXXXXX.
COMMAND:> PASS *****
230 Connect:Enterprise UNIX login ok, access restrictions apply.
STATUS:> Login successful.
COMMAND:> PWD
257 "/xf000016" is current directory.
STATUS:> Home directory: /xf000016
COMMAND:> FEAT
500 'FEAT': command not understood.
STATUS:> This site doesn't support the 'features' command.
COMMAND:> REST 100
550 Operation is not supported under Connect:Enterprise FTP server.
STATUS:> This site cannot resume broken downloads.
COMMAND:> PBSZ 0
200 PBSZ 0 OK.
COMMAND:> PROT P
200 PROT P OK, data channel will be secured.
COMMAND:> CCC
200 CCC Context Enabled.
COMMAND:> PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (139,76,142,4,202,44)
COMMAND:> LIST
STATUS:> Connecting FTP data socket 139.76.142.4:51756...
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for .
STATUS:> Connected. Exchanging encryption keys...
Session Cipher: 128 bit RC2
STATUS:> SSL Connect time: 297 ms.
STATUS:> SSL encrypted session established.
226 Transfer complete.
STATUS:> Directory listing completed.

Thanx, PLA

Mark Phippard wrote:

I thought that the OS/400 Secure FTP was proprietary and only worked with other iSeries servers. Unix servers run "SecureFTP" by running FTP inside an SSH tunnel. OS/400 uses SSL to encrypt the traffic.

Your output clearly shows that there server is running Unix. Maybe you need to use SSH, specifically sftp, to transfer the file.

Mark