Well, is CPC1217  a "real" temp storage issue?  Or is it an "accounting"
issue?
What's the difference?

DSPMSGD RANGE(CPC1217)

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

Steve.Hinrichs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
05/11/2005 01:57 PM
Please respond to

midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: Job eating increased temporary storage.

Rob,

Is it a real temp storage issue, or just an 'accounting' issue?
I would change the class.  If you push IBM I am sure they will say WAD.

Just a side note, profile swapping can cause temp storage increases that
are 'accounting' issues, and not real temporary storage issues. I am
assuming IBM does some swapping behind the scenes on the SAV command.

Steve

> message: 3
> date: Wed, 11 May 2005 10:55:47 -0500
> from: rob@xxxxxxxxx
> subject: Job eating increased temporary storage.
>
> Suppose you run a particular job with a job description and routing
> entries that use a particular class, or *CLS.  And you have the
temporary

> storage set to that class at 3GB.  Now, suppose you put on an upgrade
from
> the vendor and it now crashes because it hit this temporary storage
limit.
>  Which you increased during a previous upgrade.  Now, suppose the vendor
> says everyone else has that particular class set to *NOMAX, as it comes
> defaulted that way from IBM.  But you set it down to stop some runaway
job
> years ago that you can't even remember.  When you ask them why it's
eating
> more memory they reply that the information is proprietary.
>
> Do you accept that?  And just increase the size of the temporary storage
> associated with that class?
>
> Now suppose the vendor is IBM.  The class is QGPL/QBATCH.  And it's
> associated with
> Seq Nbr    Program       Library       Compare Value
>  9999      QCMD          QSYS          *ANY
> of subsystem QBATCH.
> And the upgrade was a set of cumes and groups.
> And the software package is OS/400 and it's the command SAV.
>
> Do you still just accept it?  I have a pmr open and this is the attitude
> am getting from IBM.  Now I have to decide if it's worth pursuing.  As a
> temporary work around I doubled the size of the temp storage for that
> class to 6GB.
>

> Rob Berendt
> --
> Group Dekko Services, LLC