My company is looking for a new way to handle EDI.

We currently do a very small amount of EDI.  We have two trading partners that
we exchange PO's with.  One is a customer and one is vendor.  Our average
monthly volume is about 50,000 characters inbound and 30,000 character
outbound.  (We have had requests from other customers to do EDI, including
sending out invoices.)

We are currently running an old version of Sterling Commerce's GenTran software
on our 810.  That would be fine except, we have no real in-house expertise (the
guy who set it up is not longer with the company and what little knowledge he
passed on to me hasn't been used in so long, I've forgotten most of it) and we
no longer have maintenance on the software (the cost to get back on maintenance
is such that my boss won't pay it).  Also, I've been told by Sterling that our
version of GenTran will not work if we upgrade to V5R3.  (In order to get
upgrade software we need to be on maintenance.)

I've talked to one company, nuBridges, about outsourcing our EDI.  It would be
an ideal situation for us, given our small staff (I'm the only iSeries person)
and limited knowledge.  However, they said that their solution wouldn't be cost
effective for us, and suggested we talk to Xebec, a partner of theirs.  Xebec's
product is PC based although they do have a web based package as well.  Of
course, I'd much rather keep everything on our iSeries box.

I was wondering if any of you had any experience with Xebec's product.  Also,
do any of you know of other iSeries based EDI outsourcing companies?

Thanks in advance,

Janell Haskins
Programmer/Analyst
Knit-Rite, Inc.