May I suggest storing the script used in a source physical file member so
that you retain a copy of it, and, can use RUNSQLSTM to recreate it?

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

"Mackie, Roger L. (Precision Press)" <RLMackie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
05/06/2005 10:24 AM
Please respond to

"Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: UDF problems in STRSQL

For the archives:

I finally got a result set from both the production file and the test
file when I added PARAMETER STYLE GENERAL (the default is PARAMETER
STYLE SQL) to the CREATE FUNCTION script. Unfortunately, I don't see a
way to set that value on the parameter tab in the iSeries Navigator New
External Function window. Guess I'll just have to get used to building
the CREATE FUNCTION script myself. Or maybe I could 1) use the window,
2) create the UDF, 3) generate the SQL, 4) change the parameter, 5)
delete the UDF, and 6) run the script. Or even better, save a template
script that I change as necessary.

Thank you everyone. Hope this helps someone save two days + of
experimentation!
Roger Mackie