That looks like the plan right now. We're planning our upgrade to V5R3, and
I always like to get a 21 save before. Just in case. Plus my boss insists
on applying all of the PTFs *perm before the upgrade. I don't think it's
necessary any more, but I do what I'm told.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark D. Walter
Senior Programmer/Analyst
CCX, Inc.
mwalter@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.ccxinc.com

             Scott Klement
             <midrange-l@scott
             klement.com>                                               To
             Sent by:                  Midrange Systems Technical
             midrange-l-bounce         Discussion
             s@xxxxxxxxxxxx            <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             04/27/2005 04:21                                      Subject
             PM                        Re: GO Save Option 21

             Please respond to
             Midrange Systems
                 Technical
                Discussion
             <midrange-l@midra
                 nge.com>

Hi Mark,

There's a field that you can set on the SAVE 21 screen to make it delay
until
a certain time. So, you could just sign on to the system console on Friday
before you leave the office and tell it to wait.

If that doesn't do the job, you can also edit the source code.  Use
RTVCLSRC on program QMNSAVE to get the source code, then you can add
delays or whatever you need.  (I wouldn't actually change the IBM-supplied
object, but you could make your own copy and use that...)

I don't know if it'll work as a batch job, or if it needs to be
interactive -- but, at least for us, the system console can just be left
on over the weekend, so we can set it up with a DLYJOB or two and then I
don't have to make a special trip into the office.

---
Scott Klement  http://www.scottklement.com