Sorry, I was going "old school" on you when I suggested better security.  A
twinax connected dumb terminal is quite secure, even when remotely attached
to a 5494 controller.  To get real, most of us now use a 5250 emulator
(software) and just run over Ethernet (TN5250).  But here you can still
manage the client.  I use the Mochasoft TN5250 product as I don't need file
transfers and other features, simple is good.  Even with the full blown
iSeries Access you can still limit the tools (file transfer, ODBC, etc.)
rolled out to your end users.  So simply put, ONLY having "Green Screen"
terminal functions limits what can be "easily" done.  Comparing to a browser
interface you don't have plugins, extensions, Java, and all the other
goodies with a simple 5250.

Can you hack/crack the host from 5250 (even dumb twinax) YES.  I have done
it many times.  Is it common, NO.

Do I want to have an old InfoWindow terminal (or worse) on my desk, NO.
I'll keep my high end PC with it's flat screen monitor.  But to use
"security speak" the only secure system is one that's not connected to
another system.  Your old twinax terminal doesn't qualify as another
system/processor, your PC does.  Anyone want to lookup the DoD R3 regs on
this?

---
Doug Hart