I believe you're referring to the old P01,P02,P03 models. They had a QIC tape but no CD (they were CISC) and supported a network card (tokenring and possibly ethernet). Much smaller than the "PC tower" sized servers such as the 150,170 etc.

Unfortunately IBM never offered a RISC replacement for the P0x systems. A RISC based laptop (such as the old Thinkpad "Power Series") or maybe even an Apple PowerBook running OS/400 would have been great.

IIRC, the P0x systems were money losers for IBM and sold only to VARs, IRs or whatever they were called back then. The lack of economic justification for producing small/personal iseries systems must not have changed over the years. Note the absence of an i5-510.

Keith

rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
The 150 was supposed to be for sales calls only. It was quite portable. It had no tape drive capability. I am not sure of it's networking capability. Our friend Sheamus used to have one in his home and actually did development work on it when he was the local branch for that software company he used to work for. It supported him and Kevin S.