Interesting.  My 170 with IPCS has the following:

WRKNWSSTG:
Percent Name Used Size Server Drive Format Access ASP
DISK2GB1 18 2048 MICNTSVR 3 *NTFS *UPDATE 1

If I do DSPOBJD *ALL/*ALL *SVRSTG

then I see the following:

Library:   QFPINT

QFPBSYS1    17833984
QFPBSYS2    69214208
QFPBSYS3    37756928
QFPBSYS4    10493952
QFPBWPC1    14430208
QFPBWPJ1    28262400
QFPBWPK1    18882560
QFPBWPT1    16781312

Library:   QNTAP
QVNISYS1    10493952

Library:   QUSRSYS
MICNTSVR1     10493952
MICNTSVR2    419450880
MICNTSVR3   1055952896

The last three make sense because they correspond to the C:,D: and F: drives on the IPCS. Why the first two objects (MICNTSVR1/MICNTSVR2) don't show up in WRKNWSSTG is a bit of a mystery.

Anyway, sounds like something is buggered in the installation. Are the LPP's still installed?

Pete Helgren

James H H Lampert wrote:

Pete Helgren <Pete@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Don't know if you got my earlier post but the *SVRSTG objects I had in QUSRSYS were created using the CRTNWSSTG command and can be deleted if you use WRKNWSSTG, unlink them, then delete them. Don't know if you tried that and couldn't or not.

Here's what I get, doing a DSPOBJD *ALL/*ALL *SVRSTG

In QUSRSYS, I get:
WINTOUCH1    with a size of 11799552
WINTOUCH3    with a size of 38800384

and in QXZ1, I get:
QFPHSYS1     with a size of 11799552
QFPHSYS2     with a size of 46664704
QFPHSYS3     with a size of 38800384

That's a total of 141M, a not-insignificant fraction of the total disk space on the box.

If I do a WRKNWSD or a WRKNWSSTG, I get a NWSD called WINTOUCH (listed as "inactive"), but no storage is associated with it. If I try to do a DLTNWSSTG on any of the objects named above, I get a "NOT FOUND" error. And if I try to do an IFS DLT on them, I get a message about the file system not supporting the operation. (I think I somehow did something out of sequence, some years ago, when I was trying to cram the entire system onto its one remaining drive. The docs on how to get rid of a *SVRSTG appear to be practically nonexistent.)

--
JHHL