Rob,

Please double check the link.  It's dead.

Al

Al Barsa, Jr.
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

400>390

"i" comes before "p", "x" and "z"
e gads

Our system's had more names than Elizabeth Taylor!

914-251-1234
914-251-9406 fax

http://www.barsaconsulting.com
http://www.taatool.com
http://www.as400connection.com

             rob@xxxxxxxxx
             Sent by:
             midrange-l-bounce                                          To
             s@xxxxxxxxxxxx            midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                        cc

             04/13/2005 12:32                                      Subject
             PM                        Virtual Partition Manager.

             Please respond to
             Midrange Systems
                 Technical
                Discussion
             <midrange-l@midra
                 nge.com>

Virtual Partition Manager
i5/OS now supports virtual partition management to enable the creation and
management of Linux partitions without an HMC.
With the virtual partition manager, an i5 server can support one i5/OS
partition and up to four Linux partitions.
The Linux partitions must use virtual I/O resources owned by the i5/OS
partition.
With the virtual partition manager, uncapped processor partitions can be
created and up to four virtual Ethernet connections can be defined.
Dynamic resource movement is not supported.
Small and medium-sized customers can use the virtual partition manager to
create Linux partitions for their infrastructure applications. If you want
to create multiple i5/OS, Linux, and AIX® 5L dynamic partitions, or use
direct I/O resources and advanced partition management tools, you would
continue to use the HMC for partition management.
Virtual Partition Manager is available via PTF MF34753.
For additional information, refer to the White Paper at
http://www.ibm.com/iseries/linux/vpm