From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bruce Collins
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2005 7:02 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: FTP Hanging

I am trying to connect via non secure ftp from systema to systemb. systema is on V5R2 with the latest Cume. Systemb is on V5R3 with The Latest cume. My PC is on the same network as Systema. I can ftp to systemb and get the file called SUE2. If I try to do a manual ftp from systema to systemb it will let me login, change to binary but when I use

the Get to pull the file it says it is retrieving the file but it just hangs.

Remember that I can get it using a pc based FTP Client but not with the V5R2 base FTP command.

Does anyone have any thoughts in the matter?

Thanks

We have a watchguard firewall and we are setup to allow ftp out. Are there any settings that I need to check on the AS400. I can manually from a command line enter the following:

FTP xxx.spcare.com
USER myid
PWD mypass
SENDPASV 0
BIN
GET SUE2.SAVF

when I press enter after the last statement it just sits there. When I do a NETSTAT I see the ftp-data and the ftp-con for the AS400 connection to the remote site.

I get the error message "Unable to receive data from TCP/IP".

Any other thoughts.

Thanks

--

Bruce "Hoss" Collins