Thanks for the pointer.

Actually, we DO have an override/access management program already that sits on the exit point but we need don't quite need that level of granularity at each of our customer's sites (they have JDBC/ODBC apps from third parties with exit points, etc as well that complicate things). We headed down that path but rather than rewrite the exit point management application we decided that it was just simpler to follow this approach. But, the exit point idea is a good one and can be used for much more than just setting authorities and overrides to files.

If we need a "plan B" we'll go there.

Pete

Gary Monnier wrote:

Pete,

You may want to think about using an exit program on the JDBC/ODBC exit
points that can switch profiles.  Within the exit program you can switch
the client user to whoever you want them to be.  Look at the
documentation for exit points QIBM_QZDA_SQL1 and QIBM_QZDA_SQL2 for
details.  These are the JDBC/ODBC exit points.  This, I believe, will
get you where you want to go but I have a bias toward an exit point
solution.

Gary Monnier | Senior Software Developer

19426 68th Ave. S
Kent, WA 98032
(253) 872-7788 ext. 308
gary.monnier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.powertech.com This email message and any attachments are intended only for the use of
the intended recipient named above and may contain information that is
privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any
dissemination, distribution, or copying is strictly prohibited. If you
received this email message in error, please immediately notify the
sender by replying to this email message or by telephone and delete the
message from your email system. Thank you.