TSM under PASE defeats any advantage you may have with direct, lan or
whatever.  We tried a 3582 LTO 2 attached via fiber and got exactly the
same speed as a 3581 LTO 1 attached via cable.  When using it with TSM
under PASE the only advantage the 3582 lto 2 gives you is higher tape
capacity.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

Chris Bipes <chris.bipes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
03/22/2005 04:56 PM
Please respond to

"'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: tape speeds, TSM and pase

Direct attached will always beat LAN speeds unless you have some dedicated
High Speed Fiber between your backup server and iSeries to be backed up.

Chris Bipes