So, I'm consulting with someone with some SSL stuff.  I get
on to sign into the *SYSTEM store.

Gee, I forgot how awesomely fast the admin web tools run..
so I'm already exicited! That mix of Java and Net.Data sure
is nice.. :)  Why it takes more than 10 seconds to display
static text, I'll never know.

And starting up the admin server.. just watching the JVAW
and 99% cpu utilization for 5 minutes... lovely!  LOL!  (I
had to get this out of my system.. )

Anyhow, I click the Reset Password button to reset the
*SYSTEM store password since I'm not sure what it is.
 After entering the passwords I get an error

"Store password is invalid.."

Hmmm... that's odd.. I didn't enter one, I tried to reset
it.

So I try it 2 or 3 more times.  Same thing.

I try to change it to something different (actually the
value I thought it may be before).  I get the error

"New and old store passwords are the same."

Ok, cool.  I'll use that one to sign on.  Try it, get
"invalid passwoword."  I try it 3-4 times...  same thing.
 I try the password I tried to change it to.  Same thing.

Try resetting it 3-4 more times.. same thing every time..
invalid password for all passwords, but if I use the
password I thought it was, I get "new and old are the
same."

This is really weird.  Anyone else seen this?  It's on a
V5R2 machine.  And I've done this countless times before...
 wonderful.  LOL

Brad
www.bvstools.com