In continuation to my below question, iam adding more information....
My third query is defined as below , which is giving me error QUERY RUN
failed....
QTEMP/YX1                  QTEMP/YY1
Type of join = 1 matched records

QUERY Conditions:
T01.MOFIC EQ  T02.MOFIC
T01.MACCT  EQ  T02.MACCT

DEFINE ReSULT FIELDS:
IMRCHG       T02.IMR01-T01.IMR01

OTECHG       T02.OTE01-T01.OTE01
SELECT RECORDS ARE AS BELOW:
10 T01.MCLASS
20 T01.MSUBCL
30 T01.MFIRM
40 TOTALCALL         IMRCHG - OTECHG
50 IMRCHG            T02.IMR01 - T01.IMR01
60 OTECHG            T02.OTE01 - T01.OTE01
-------------
When checking the query I took F5 to ran the report, TOTALCALL , IMRCHG &
OTECHG are showing + signs...
when i took F5 at the bottom of page I got a statement displayed..
Column TOTALCALL contains replacement character +.
I took help F1 on that statement. It goes as below:
-----

Message . . . . :   Column TOTALCALL contains replacement character +.

Cause . . . . . :   At least one line formatted for the displayed
report or

  report layout shows the column for field TOTALCALL and/or a text
insertion

  resolved from this field filled with a replacement character, +.

    Asterisk (*) indicates that the value has more significant
positions
than
  can be shown using the specified report column formatting.

    Plus (+) indicates that the value was not valid or could not be
converted
  or calculated. Plus (+) could also indicate that field TOTALCALL is
tagged

  with a UCS-2 CCSID. UCS-2 graphic data cannot be displayed or
printed.

Recovery  . . . :   Press F10 for any additional information available.
Use

  this information to find and correct the error indicated for field

  TOTALCALL.

More...

  Go to the bottom of the report before pressing F10 if you want to be
certain that the use of each type of replacement character has been
diagnosed for every field in the report.
  If there is no additional information available, try running the
query
again in debug mode (use STRDBG).
  If field TOTALCALL is flagged with a UCS-2 CCSID, define a result
field
using the VARCHAR function to view the data for that column.

----
How can I use VARCHAR to resolve this error  or any otherways I can resolve
this error,
any inputs are highly appreciated...
thanks very much for your help in advance,
Murali.

murali dhar <hydchap1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In my OCL
i have 3 runqry statements as below:

My first runqry creates a file in qtemp called YX1file
My second runqry creates a file in qtemp called YY1 file.
My third runqry uses these two files YX1 and YY1 files and creates outputfile
required.

When iam running third query iam getting an error which im nt able to figure
out. it says
"Query run failed. 0 records added to member YRESLTFILE"...I took F1 on that
and tried to trouble shoot but couldnt succeed..
When I was checking my third query by taking 2 wrkqry it says
File YX1 in QTEMP may have DBCS data or text
File YY1 in QTEMP may have DBCS data or text.
I checked result fields , they are plenty big for the calculations, it gets the
mapping errors...

any pointers please....