From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Siva
Sent: 04 March 2005 13:14
To: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Issue in DLTF command after RCVF.

In a CL program, i am using the RCVF command  to read the first record of a PF
which is having tons of records.
After this,  DLTF command is issued to delete the file but the system is not
allowing to do so because the system will make an exclusive lock on the file
when RCVF command is executed.
An error message specifying that the file is still in use is displayed. Is it
possible to unlock this file before DLTF command so that it could be deleted?

It is found that if all the records of the file is read, then DLTF command will
be executed normally (i.e., the file will be deleted). but tehr euirement is
not to read the tons of record before deleting teh file,

Is there any solution to delete the file than by reading all the records in the
file in one shot.

Share your thoughts...

Regards

Siva.