Our 520 is currently down.  520 has no lights on it at all.  The extra
boxes for it have lights, etc.  Rest of the equipment in the rack is
functional.  Our 520's supposed to have redundant power supplies.  One is
plugged into an IBM PDU the other is plugged into a third party PDU.  The
IBM PDU had a breaker thrown for that port.  (Has a separate breaker for
each outlet.)  I reset the breaker.  No luck.  I unplugged both cords from
the back of the 520, counted to 10, plugged them back in - no difference.
HMC says the connect is disconnected.  Only option, not greyed out, is
reset connection - IBM said not to take that.  Before it died it called
IBM and told them SRC 11001520 which is an A/C power failure - go figure.

Weather is lousy.  Slid through a red light on the way in but managed to
stop in time to avoid t-boning this car.  By the look on her face I had
her undivided attention.

UPS is dead.  It warned us something about a phase out of whack and we had
to put it in bypass.  Hope the weather doesn't drop power.  Without the
UPS - the kick over to the generator still drops a lot of equipment.

Not the first time that the 520 and the UPS fight.  In fact our CE told me
that the last time he thought the 520 blew the UPS.  It's a relatively
sizable Liebert that ran our whole computer room once for 45 minutes
before it ran out of juice.

Hmm, while waiting for the IBM guy to show up (up to another hour yet)
maybe I'll unplug the 520 again and verify the power with some other
equipment.

Haven't heard a return call from the UPS people yet.  (Serviced by JT
Packard.)

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000