Well, at the risk of sounding condescending, if Joe is excited....I'm
excited.  I'm still trying to digest it...anything you have on it
(including opinions - ha, like I have to add that) would be interesting to
hear about.  Sorry for the joking Joe, it's Friday.  But I think a lot of
people will be interested.  Mark and Peter have been saying watch this
space.....

             Joe Pluta
             <joepluta@plutabr
             others.com>                                                To
                                       Midrange Systems Technical
             02/25/2005 10:53          Discussion
             AM                        <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             Midrange Systems          RE: A start? IBM increasing
                 Technical             investments to engage partners
                Discussion             developing software for its premier
             <midrange-l@midra         mid-market server, the eServer
                 nge.com>              iSeries platform

I actually listened to the announcement realtime, and I have to admit,
I'm excited.  It's been a LONG time since I was excited about an IBM
announcement, especially a marketing announcement, but this one was
pretty impressive.  Some significant points were made about keeping the
base, supporting ISVs, and not including migration tools in the
developer's roadmap.  All in all I was pleasantly surprised, and if IBM
can follow through on even a third of this stuff, I think we'll see some
serious improvement in the channel.

I'm trying to get more info from other sources.  I'll let you know when
I do.

JOe