Hi,

I'm looking into placing a cheap twinax dumb terminal in several of our
warehouses, only one per warehouse.   My entire network is IP over Ethernet,
with T1s and frac-T1s running to the branches in multiple states.  So, I'll
need an "adapter"  which will allow me to connect a twinax device to an RJ45
ethernet jack.  This terminal will serve only one purpose and the purpose of
this solution is to be CHEAPer than putting a PC in the warehouse.  If a
$50-100 terminal gets smashed by a forklift, oh well, just put in another
one.  It's a different scenario if a forklift smashes a $1000 PC.  Not to
even mention the setup/support and the "solitaire factor", which will be
completely avoided by a terminal.

I know that eTwinax or a controller would work, at about $1400 a pop.  But,
this defeats the whole purpose, or at least the $$$ part of it...

Any suggestions?

Tony Corbett, IT Director

Space Flooring and Supplies, Inc.

http://www.spaceflooring.com <http://www.spaceflooring.com/>