Help !!

I am unable to see what I am doing wrong here.
(probably missing something simple)

The following CL displays "&Active = N" even when the program 'SORENTCL' is
running.

I far as I can tell, the 'MONMSG' is not "firing", but I don't know why.

If I copy the "AlcObj" line to the clipboard, paste it to a command line,
and "Enter",
I get "Cannot allocate object SORENTCL.", which is what I am expecting.

CL Program IACLTK:
___________________________________________________________________________-
_
Pgm

Dcl Var(&Active) +
    Type(*Char) +
    Value('N') +
    Len(1)

AlcObj Obj((ExPrdPgm/SORENTCL *Pgm *Excl)) Wait(0)
MonMsg MsgId(CPF1002 CPF1040 CPF1085) Exec(Do)
       ChgVar Var(&Active) +
              Value('Y')
EndDo

DspPgmMsg Msg(('&Active = ' || &Active ))
DlyJob Dly(000002)
JobLog:
call iacltk
  1800 - ALCOBJ OBJ((EXPRDPGM/SORENTCL *PGM *EXCL)) WAIT(0)
  2400 - DSPPGMMSG MSG('&Active = N')
&Active = N
  2500 - DLYJOB DLY(000002)

TIA