On Sat, 5 Feb 2005, Joe Pluta wrote:

> And so it's our job to reach out.  That's part of why I joined my local
> user group.  We need to get the word out.  We need to touch those who

Joe, I'm  the President of my LUG...have been for a long time, I'm the
founder and past chair of the COMMON LUG committee...  What was it you
didn't think I knew about the marketplace again???

As for getting the word out, it is the absolute max in gall that we should
HAVE to do what a multi BILLION dolloar corporation refuses to
do...promote their products properly...  Hasn't anyone really asked
themselves WHY?

The Super Bowls over...what will most people remember???  Bud, Pepsi and
Fedex ads....gee....  Isn't anyone asking the obviouse questions?

Joe, we're not at war here...but frankly, I'm fielding calls REGULARLY
from LUG members both local and accross the nation....and LUG Directors
from accross the nation...and they're all telling me the same thing that I
posted in my previous email that you took so much time to rebuff...  Now,
looking at the trends, as they are presented to me by LUG leaders around
the US (and world!), as well as our own membership, I think that you have
a bit of learning curve ahead of you when it comes to what's actually
going on in the iSeries marketplace and why....and it's not pretty....and
I really take no relish in saying that as I'm the middle of it as well.

I'm glad you joined your LUG.  ALL LUG's can use good minds and leadership
and I know OMNI does a great job for the folks in Chicago.  I wish others
would join their LUGs...LUGs are GREAT! :)

> IBM just doesn't get it yet.  I don't know if they ever will.

As you said... DUH   ...which makes you wonder why....!