I have a client that switched to a 3570 B11 from a 3490 type of drive.  They
used to keep a backup of 3 or 4 libraries on the tapes every monthend.  When
then 3570 was installed, they had something like 10 or 15 3490 tapes that
needed to be converted to the 3570.  The backup basically had the same
library names on it.  In order to convert the files to the 3570, I wrote the
attached CL.  The parms had to be passed to it (can't remember if the was a
CMD to go along with it or the operator just entered it).   In any case, you
could write a front-end to pass the parms based on a file or something and
have it submit this CL.  The TAPFs were nothing more than pointing to the
correct device.   The parms are pretty straight-forward.  &SEQ3490 is the
sequence number of the source file, &LABEL is the tape label of the source
file, &CRTDAT is the date that you want the file to have on the new media,
&OPTxxxx are the ENDOPTs (ie. *REWIND, *LEAVE, etc).

It might help you out Mike.

PGM PARM(&SEQ3490 &LABEL &CRTDAT &OPT3490 &OPT3570)

  DCL VAR(&SEQ3490) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(5)

  DCL VAR(&LABEL) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(17)

  DCL VAR(&CRTDAT) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(6)

  DCL VAR(&OPT3490) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(7)

  DCL VAR(&OPT3570) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(7)

  OVRTAPF FILE(TAP3490) SEQNBR(&SEQ3490) LABEL(&LABEL)  ENDOPT(&OPT3490)

  OVRTAPF FILE(TAP3570) LABEL(&LABEL) CRTDATE(&CRTDAT) EXPDATE(*PERM)
ENDOPT(&OPT3570)

  CPYF FROMFILE(TAP3490) TOFILE(TAP3570)

  MONMSG MSGID(CPA4036)

  DLTOVR FILE(*ALL)