The following is from a Tape speeds and feeds document I got a while back.
I hope the formatting holds.

I beleive you can get most the info from the following documents:
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/perfmgmt/resource.htm

Other Performance Numbers for reference (user mix data):
DVD                     1.5 GB/hr     from Steve Hank's note (check for
official number from perf capabilities guide)
DVD - no compression    2.5 GB/hr     from V5R2 Perf Guide (note restore is
faster than save)
DVD - w compression     6.5 GB/hr     from V5R2 Perf Guide (note restore is
faster than save)
1.2-2.5 GB QIC          1.8 GB/hr     from Bruce Masters' Chart
7208-12, 222-234        2.5 GB/hr     from Bruce Masters' Chart
13 GB QIC               5   GB/hr     from Bruce Masters' Chart
MLR1 QIC                7.5 GB/hr     from V5R1 Perf Guide
MLR3 QIC                9   GB/hr     from V5R1 Perf Guide
7208-342                10  GB/hr     from V4R5 Perf Guide, in section re
V4R3 perf
3570-B                  13  GB/hr     from above
SLR 100 QIC             22  GB/hr     from V5R1 Perf Guide <<<< comparable
to 3570-C
3570-C                  22  GB/hr     from above
VXA-2 8mm on 8xx        36  GB/hr     from above
LTO-1 SCSI on 8xx       68 GB/hr      from above
LTO-1 fibre on 8xx      78 GB/hr      from above
Savefile (=<V5R1)       135-170 GB/hr from V5R2 Perf Guide (user mix/very
large file) - 2002 version
Savefile (=>V5R2)       200-480 GB/hr from V5R2 Perf Guide (user mix/very
large file) - 2002 version
Savefile on fc 2757 ioa 225-550 GB/hr from V5R2 Perf Guide (user mix/very
large file) - May 2003
LTO-2 SCSI on 8xx       tbd
LTO-2 fibre on 8xx      110 GB/hr from above

Bryan Dietz
Aktion Associates