They're advertising to the highest common denominator, when in reality they
know that they'll settle for much less. No-one can be that diverse and
still be at all competent in any one area and have the education
background. In all honesty, the few people that I know that have any where
near those qualifications, would never get an interview because the don't
have the proper degree. I personally know two folks that could possibly
qualify, both were trained in the military. No formal college degree.

These are the same two guys that wrote extensions to MVS back in the early
'80s on a System/360 to get it doing what they wanted. They also tell each
other jokes in bit strings, as to not offend us mere mortals.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark D. Walter
Senior Programmer/Analyst
CCX, Inc.
mwalter@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.ccxinc.com

             michael@ryantechn
             ology.com
             midrange-l-bounce         Midrange Systems Technical
             s@xxxxxxxxxxxx            Discussion
                                       <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc
             01/31/2005 11:18
                                       RE: IBM a personal comment

             Please respond to
             Midrange Systems
                 Technical
                Discussion
             <midrange-l@midra
                 nge.com>

Wow...that one sounds like it's tailored for a specific person to hire.

Certainly points out that one should diversify in today's market.