Jon, I checked the system value for QSYSRPYL, and found that nothing has been
set.
However, System Reply List Entries gives me a list of entries WRLRPYLE.

PART-I
------
The program fails when we try to increment the Dataarea value after it reaches
9999999 (Dataarea is *DEC 7 0)
I simulated the case and program dumped. Please see attached notepad for dump.

First there is an escape msg    : MCH1210   Receiver value too small to hold
result.
Then Sender copy(??)            : RNQ0103   The target for a numeric operation
is too small to hold the result (C G D F).
Then Sender copy                        : CPA0701       CEE9901 received by
T2XMITA at 7100. (C D I R)
RNQ0103 is expecting a reply, right? But there was no reply as next msg was
CPC2206.
CPA0701 has a reply of 'D' (CPA0701 has an entry in WRLRPYLE with reply as D).
I got 2 Dump spools, One for CL T2XMITA (submitted in batch) and second for
TEST (RPGLE called by T2XMITA)

Anyways I did get dump and the control never went to next command, there was no
msg sent to system operator where he might have replied 'I'gnore! This is
getting so much confusing.

I plan to add RNQ0103 in WRKRPYLE with value 'D' just to be sure! what do you
say?

PART-II
-------
How do I fix this?
Earlier I thought if we add 1 to a Packed (7 0) holding 9999999 (eval
t2contrl=t2contrl+1) it will be rounded off to 1!!
I dont want to put a check if value has reached 9999999 then initialize to 1,
because at one go the program processes around 999999 rcds and runs after every
4 hours. (so many if conditions will be processed)
Till now I had a scheduled job which used to reset the Dtaarea T2CONTROL to 1,
but not knowing the # of records we can get no use to schedule it, so
unreliable.... my pgm dumped!
Any other solution, which eats up less resources?