My preference, if possible,  is to use the AS400 DNS for Active Directory.
 I was originally told that I had to use Microsoft's DNS.
Is it possible to use 400 DNS for the Active Directory Updates?

Richard A. Frye
Software Consulting Hardware, Inc.
(877) 936-9829 (Office)
(513) 936-0128 (Fax)
Rich.Frye@xxxxxxxxx
IBM Certified System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 6/6.5

rob@xxxxxxxxx
01/17/2005 01:02 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: Exporting AS400 DNS

Um, I wasn't attempting to export the dns FROM Microsoft.  I was
attempting to export it from the 400.  It surprises many people, but there

is a GUI interface to operations on the 400 - it's called iSeries
Navigator.

Or did you mean to say that you no longer cared to export the DNS -
period?  And that your new goal is to continue using the 400 for dns?

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

Rich.Frye@xxxxxxxxx
01/17/2005 12:40 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: Exporting AS400 DNS

I know that you can export the DNS list through Microsoft.  It creates a
text delimited file that can be imported.  If possible, I would prefer to
use the 400 for DNS.
Thanks for the reply

Richard A. Frye
Software Consulting Hardware, Inc.
(877) 936-9829 (Office)
(513) 936-0128 (Fax)
Rich.Frye@xxxxxxxxx
IBM Certified System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 6/6.5

rob@xxxxxxxxx
01/17/2005 11:37 AM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: Exporting AS400 DNS

I went into iSeries Navigator.
Myi5name
 Network
  Servers
   DNS
And clicked on the database icon.
Is that usable for your purposes?

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

Rich.Frye@xxxxxxxxx
01/17/2005 11:06 AM
Please respond to

midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Exporting AS400 DNS

Greetings,

I am new to this forum, but am part of other midrange forums.

I am preparing to upgrade one of my companies 2 IXS servers from NT 4.0 to

2k3 server.  One of the Servers is a Primary Domain Controller.  They
currently use AS400 for DNS.  I know that Microsoft has a newer version of

bind with their DNS server making it unable to update from MS DNS to IBM
DNS.

Unfortunately, I have been informed that for Active Directory to work, I
need to setup the Microsoft server's DNS as a Primary Zone.  Because of
the differences of version between the two systems, the AS400 DNS will
more than likely be disabled.

I am going to continue to use the AS400 DHCP server.

Being relatively new to the AS400 world, is there an easy way to Export
the DNS records to a Text delimitated file for importation into MS?

Richard A. Frye
Software Consulting Hardware, Inc.
(877) 936-9829 (Office)
(513) 936-0128 (Fax)
Rich.Frye@xxxxxxxxx
IBM Certified System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 6/6.5
list

list

list

list