A simple way to do this, without spending any money on firewalls or exit
point software, is to create IP filter policies.  This utility is provided
to you within iSeries Navigator.  It took me a couple of hours to figure out
and become comfortable with the syntax, but once I did, I was able to block
all undesirable traffic.  For example, although we are not running a
corporate firewall, nor are we running any Telnet exit points, we are able
to prohibit any telnet traffic that does not originate from our own network
subnets.  We have configured similar filters on other TCP services that we
have running on our iSeries servers.

Chris Rees
Computer Services
Southwest Missouri State University