If I would have only known to look at manuals
with a description of Infoprint Color 1000 Printers,
I would have been in much better shape. This was the
exact manual I needed but I would have NEVER looked
at a Inforprint 1000 or anything related to color
since I did not have a color printer or a printer
name Infoprint 1000.

This all goes back to the IBM insanity of naming
conventions.

Since this printer is a 4529 printer, why not have
ALL manuals for the 4529 marked as 4529, rather than
Infoprint 1000 ????

Why call this printer a Infoprint 1372 when in fact,
the model number on the machine is 4529 ????

I really do appreciate the additional info and I have
downloaded the stangely titled manuals.

Paul Tykodi wrote:

Hi Pat,

I'm glad to hear that you were able to get your
customer's installation completed. The information you
were seeking is available from the IBM Printer
Division web site as a pdf. It might be a good idea to
download the following two documents for your ongoing
requirements.

1. Infoprint Color 1000 Family Card for IPDS and
SCS/TNe- IPDS Printer and Host Setup Guide
(S510-2679-02)

Pages 22 - 26 list the information about configuring
or disabling the SCS and IPDS twinax addresses.

2. Infoprint Color 1357 and 1357 and Infoprint
1332,1352 and 1372 Card for IPDS and SCS/TNe- IPDS
Emulation User's Guide (S510-2678-01)

This manual explains all of the IPDS menu options and
their associated values.

Both manuals can be downloaded for free from the
http://www.printers.ibm.com web site.