From: Nathan M. Andelin [mailto:nandel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, January 07, 2005 10:39 AM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: Transferring Excel info to Client Access screen

Steve,

If data validation in Excel is problematic at best, it begs the question
why use Excel for database maintenance?  Why not provide an RPG program
in the first place?

If there is a good reason for using Excel, how about using an ODBC
connection to store Excel rows in a temporary "work" table on the
iSeries, then providing an RPG program for validating and posting the
work table to the permanent database?

HTH,

Nathan.