Does this printer also have an IPDS card? That's a common configuration, and a typical default emulation.

From working with IBM Network printers, go through the printer configuration menu, find IPDS menu, then emulation to choose the IPDS printer to emulate.

Steve Morrison

Pat Barber wrote:

Does anybody happen to know the "correct" setting for
a 1372(4529) with a twinax card ???

I'm trying to help a customer on the phone with this
printer and after downloading ALL the manuals for this
printer, I find NO mention of twinax attach, even though
the printer shows the twinax card installed.

The printer has about a million "features", most of which
default just fine, but I can't figure out how to get the
printer to report in to the 400 as a 4028, which is what
it's replacing.

It configs a 3812 and I can't even figure
out why it's doing that.

The person that wrote these manuals should be tortured
long and hard.