This thread doesn't seem very midrange-related...

Personally, I've used MS-Money for years (and like it).  It may not be
fancy but it works.  I wouldn't call it a disaster, just not well promoted,
much like the iSeries.  (See, I'm trying to keep this somewhat
midrange-related.)  Much like many other Microsoft products it has the bare
minimum of features.  Still, it does what I need it to do.

I would also disagree and say that the X-Box has been very successful.
Microsoft Bob might have been laughable but it did evolve into "clippy" as
an office assistant.

Dave Parnin
Nishikawa Standard Company
Topeka, IN  46571
daparnin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                      Booth Martin

                      <booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx>        To:       Midrange Systems
Technical Discussion
                      Sent by:
<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>@SMTP@CTB
                      midrange-l-bounces@m        cc:       (bcc: David A
Parnin/Topeka/NISCO/SPCO)
                      idrange.com                 Subject:  Re: Bill Gates gets
another blue screen in public

                      01/06/2005 12:56 PM

                      Please respond to

                      Midrange Systems

                      Technical Discussion

                      <midrange-l@midrange

                      .com>

we know the great products that MS has scarfed, barfed, and destroyed like
WordPerfect, Lotus 1-2-3, & Netscape.  But are there examples of MS
ventures
that have been utter disasters?  Microsoft Bob, MSMoney, msnbc, and MSN ISP
are some that come to mind but there must be others?  X-Box?

Booth Martin

http://www.martinvt.com