Here's a sample of a C/S job.  See if you can find an interactive job that
submitted it - you won't.
Do a WRKOBJLCK yourusrprofile *USRPRF
You'll see a job like QZLSFILE running under QUSER.  That's why a
WRKUSRJOB will NOT work.
Therefore I defer to the classic break down of the word "assume".  Perhaps
he is running into the same issue with his C/S jobs.
Note:  QZLSFILE may only show up if you map a drive on your PC to an IFS
location.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

Bryan Dietz <BDietz@xxxxxxxxxx>
01/04/2005 08:58 AM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: Retrieving remote IP address

You said before:
"We have a client-server package that runs a batch job for each user
connected to the iSeries (V5R1M0)."

Can I assume that the C/S package submits the job in question ??

If so could you retieve the job submitters job info and then use the
QUSRJOBI on that job??

Bryan Dietz

been there, tried it, didn't work.
It also only works for interactive sessions, not for the batch jobs.
Thanks anyway.

Peter Colpaert

list