I would think the manuals would be the first place to
start:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/pubs/html/as400/v4r5/ic2924/v4r5hwpdf/pdf/model820.htm

That link has ALL the manuals needed for hardware related functions
and should allow you to figue out what can go where.

Chris Bipes wrote:
Does anyone know where I can find info for configuring an AS400?  I want to
know if I can move some cards from a migration tower to the system unit.
Where oh where can I find the old configuration utility.  I would love to
plug in my rack config and see if I can add the cards into the three empty
slots.

From what I have found, I should be able to move my 2746 Twinax cards into
slots C01 and C02 or C07.  I would also like to move a 2838 10/100 into one
of the 3 empty slots.  I would then be in a position to get rid of the whole
migration tower.  ( After replacing the DASD of course. )

What I have C01 - empty
C02 - empty
C03 - 2745 Comm.
C04 - 2745 Comm.
C05 - 2778 Disk Storage Ctl
C06 - 2771 Comm.
Embedded IOP

Boundary line ( the embedded IOP controls the first 6 slots)

C07 - empty
C08 - 2746 WS Ctl
C09 - 2745 Comm.
C10 - 2749 Tape Storage Ctl