> Chris Bipes wrote:
> The owner of CrossCheck has asked me to find an alternate platform to run
> our authorization system on.  It is an in-house grown RPGLE application.
> Does IBM offer an RPGLE compiler for their pSeries systems?  We will still
> have our current iSeries based system but also offer a second system
running
> with a different OS.  The owner feels that if terrorist were to ever hack
> iSeries and bring then down world wide, we would still have our secondary
> system running.  He does not like any single point of failure, which is
why
> we have two locations across the US.  What other systems can I run DB2 and
> RPGLE on?
>
> Ok quit laughing 8-) he is serious.

Chris,

<ROTLMAO>

AFAIK, there are no RPGLE compilers other than that offered by IBM for the
AS/400 - iSeries - i5 systems.  If you want to run it on a pSeries,
then you'll probably need to convert the code to C or Java.

Does he believe in urban legends?

And you heard about the crocodile
that ate the golfer in Florida, right?  NOT!!!
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/blcroc.htm

Steve

P.S.

I'm Still Laughing - this is better than any joke I've heard all week!