From: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Date: 12/14/04 14:14:27
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: The Day the Music Dies (was: RE: backup spool file)

You can always make a command parameter bigger.

The problem is what do you do with fields for system output files.  The
output file for DSPOBJD has three fields, ODCPVR, ODCVRM and ODPVRM which
are all six bytes long.  If you change the length of these fields, this
will cause logic in programs to break.

Al

Al Barsa, Jr.
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

400>390

"i" comes before "p", "x" and "z"
e gads

Our system's had more names than Elizabeth Taylor!

914-251-1234
914-251-9406 fax

http://www.barsaconsulting.com
http://www.taatool.com
http://www.as400connection.com

             vhamberg@comcast.
             net
             midrange-l-bounce         Midrange Systems Technical
             s@xxxxxxxxxxxx            Discussion
                                       <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc
             12/14/2004 02:44
             PM                                                    Subject
                                       Re: The Day the Music Dies (was:
                                       RE: backup spool file)
             Please respond to
             Midrange Systems
                 Technical
                Discussion
             <midrange-l@midra
                 nge.com>

Y'all

The SYSLVL parameter of RTVOBJD takes a 9-character variable. The format is
VnnRnnMnn. But, as Al says, there are lots of places that use 6-character
format - not the least being all the TGTRLS parameters, which are now
defined as *CHAR-8.

Vern