You may want to take a look at my JOBWATCH application at
www.bvstools.com/jobwatch.html.

With this application you can set up entries to monitor
jobs for any run time status, including MSGW.  You can set
up one  process to watch all jobs on the system, or you can
set up multiple processes to watch particular subsystems.
 Each process you can specify the time to "recheck" the
jobs.

So, if you have a set of higher priority jobs to watch, you
can set the time shorter than others.  There are a lot of
possibilities.

When a match is found (ie a job in MSGW status) you are
able to run any command or program or application.  Some
use my MAILTOOL utility to send emails, some use SNDDST if
that is enough for them.  Others call programs that can
call a pager, etc.

With each command, pretty much all the job information is
available to use as parms in the command that is called.
 System, job name, job number, etc.. etc.. so you can
easily identify the job.

Feel free to contact me privately for any questions you may
have.. you can find my contact info at
www.bvstools.com/contact.html

Brad
www.bvstools.com