I use the Appendix E. roadmap (from Backup&Recovery) but do some steps
differently.

I setup my DASD before the migration.   I load the target system from the
I_Base CD so I can run DST.   I add the drives and setup RAID or Mirroring
as needed then do an IPL (which will fail because of no OS, but does go
through the disk management steps).  This saves a lot of time before the
cutover window as the DASD prep can take hours.

Because I have the LIC install for the DASD work when I IPL from my Save 21
tape (D IPL) I take Opt #1 on the Install Licensed Internal Code screen
"Restore licensed internal code" rather than Opt #2 as the manual states.
This gets me the LIC from the old system with the MFnnn PTFs.

When I run the restore Opt #21 I set Prompt to Y not N as in the book.  This
causes a few breaks at the beginning of the run but just take all the
defaults and hit enter.  The long RSTLIB *ALLUSR runs, then the DLO and IFS
restores.  When the RSTAUT command is prompted I abort (F3).  This is the
last step.  At this point I take my 2nd pass restore to recover all the LFs
that were not restored in the initial restore because the are dependant on
PFs that are in libs not the same as the LF.

RSTLIB SAVLIB(*ALLUSR) DEV(TAP01) OPTION(*NEW) MBROPT(*ALL) ALWOBJDIF(*ALL)
ENDOPT(*UNLOAD)

When this 2nd restore is done I run the RSTAUT.  This way it also sets the
authority on the LFs.  If you let the RSTAUT run from the Opt 21 you will
not have the file needed to run it again after the LFs are restored and you
would have to run RSTUSRPRF again to rebuild the authority file.  Also, do
not IPL before you run RSTAUT as this also clears the auth file.

Also, be sure to do all your cable change planning.  Many connectors are
different going from SPD to PCI, Ensure you can reach your new system with
all the cables.  Plan your WRKHDWPRD resource mapping before the cutover.

--

The migration of spool files can be a huge problem.  I have written code
using API's, tried 3rd party products, and setup RMTOUTQs, to port the

---
Doug Hart