Steve,

Thanks.  That was a good idea.  I ran a query on the Access table to check
all of the fields for null values.  There were a couple of records with
nulls and I assigned values to them.  There are now no nulls.
Unfortunately, it still does not work.  I still get the original error but
now I also get a dialogue box that reads:

 [IBM][iSeries Access ODBC Driver][DB2 UDB]SQL7008 - EXTRACT in DPLIB not
valid for operation. (# - 7008)

There are ten fields in the table that are all text.  There are ten fields
in the DB2 file that are also all text with the same field lengths.  I may
have to try a different approach.

Dave Parnin
Nishikawa Standard Company
Topeka, IN  46571
daparnin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                      Steve Landess

                      <sjl_abc@hotmail.        To:       Midrange Systems
Technical Discussion
                      com>
<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>@SMTP@CTB
                                               cc:       David A
Parnin/Topeka/NISCO/SPCO@SPCO
                      12/02/2004 11:39         Subject:  Re: ODBC Access?

                      AM

Dave -

Do you have any columns in the Access table containing null values?
If the corresponding fields in the AS/400 file don't allow nulls,
you will encounter this error.

I had a similar problem when uploading data from an Access table,
and I wrote a VB function that I used in my Select statement
within the Access database to substitute blanks for nulls in alpha fields
and zeros for nulls in numeric fields.

Steve