Only IBM's PTF and upgrade CDs will advance automatically to the next volume (essentially what LODIMGCLGE does). If you have a multiple-CD set from a vendor, you usually need to to the advance yourself in WRKIMGCLGE. In the function i wrote for Centerfield there was no way to do this before V5R3. All I was able to do was prompt the user to go to WRKIMGCLGE (or maybe I ran that command - I forget).

Vern