I have a customer who is using my GETURI tool to
communicate with web services.  He is having a problem that
to me, makes no sense at all.

He has two environments set up.  Test and Prod.  Test is
port 8080 and Prod is 8081 and 80.  These are IntrAnet
sites he's testing with.

When he makes requests to port 8081, things work great.
 When he makes requests to port 8080, it's like it's really
connecting to 8081.  But when using a browser, it seems to
work fine and he can connect to test and prod systems fine.

I had him put a static web file on each server.  In 8080 it
says TEST.  On 8081 it says PROD.

With his browser, he verified that it is set up.  For each
port he gets the right static file.

Then using GETURI, he always gets the PROD file, no matter
if he specifies port 8080 or port 8081 on the GETURI
command.

Now, I had him test going to my web site on port 80, then
port 8080, which should produce different results.  Port 80
produced the proper results, but port 8080 he couldn't get
to using his browser or GETURI, which leads me to believe
possibly port 8080 is being blocked on their firewall?

I've looked and debugged and searched and triple checked
everything on my end in the software.  I've run many tests
to see if there is any possible way that the port used to
connect could be somehow corrupted and I can't find
anything.

This is working find on many machines... it's just this one
machine seems to be having problems.    I am guessing it is
possibly a network or configuration problem, but not sure
where else to look for the problem.

Any ideas?