OK, I'll have to add my 2¢.

1.)   To change the minimum and maximum pool sizes go to WRKSHRPOOL and do
F11.

2.)   When adjusting for performance the answer is always "it depends."
There are a few rules.  You should keep batch work out of interactive
subsystems.  IBM has also always recommended separating batch work from
base.  Beyond that you can try to keep like work grouped together, depending
on your memory constraints.

I would start with 5 pools, *MACHINE, *BASE, *INTERACT, *SPOOL and
*SHRPOOL1.  Put all of your batch jobs in *SHRPOOL1.  If you have something
like 11 Domino partitions running and you have gobs of memory let them have
their own pool.  You can let that pool have a good sized minimum memory;
your Domino servers will start quickly and QPFRADJ will do the rest.

Another potential reason for an additional pool is to "pin" a file to
memory.  You can set a private pool with enough memory to hold the entire
file and a job or jobs can access it without paging. (SETOBJACC Command)

http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.nsf/3cdf5d853ca698198625680b00020369/dc
0a2297bdaefddb86256d6c0069907f?OpenDocument&Highlight=0,pin,memory

Time slices can control some things, but do you want an interactive job to
have to wait for a batch job to complete its (comparatively long) time slice
before it can run?  Make all of these changes slowly and pay close attention
to the results.

Regards,

Scott Ingvaldson
iSeries System Administrator