Rosalie,

The attachment did not come through because of the rules of the list. May
I suggest RPG2SQL from RJS Software?  www.rjssoftware.com

Not a vendor, just a happy user.

Paul Nelson
Arbor Solutions, Inc.
708-670-6978  Cell
pnelson@xxxxxxxxxx

"Rosalie Ducasse" <rosalie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
11/09/2004 07:24 AM
Please respond to Midrange Systems Technical Discussion

        To:     midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
        cc:
        Subject:        SQL SERVER/ISERIES INTEGRATION

I am trying to export data from a table on a sql server database using a
linked server to our iSeries.  The table gets created however it does not
populate the data and I get the following message :-

None of the files or libraries that we need to populate on the iSeries are
journaled and we cannot journal them as they are part of an ERP package.
When I create a library through a SQL statement using "create collection
testlib" and try to populate the table it then works, however when trying
to update an existing table in an existing library it does not.  I notice
that the library "testlib" is created with journals.
Can anyone help please?

Rosalie Ducasse
Omnia iTs - Fertilizer CONTACT DETAILS:
Tel:    + 2711 709 8816
Fax:    + 2711 463 6045
Cell:    + 2783 679 1415
E-mail:    rosalie@xxxxxxxxxxx
Website:    http://www.omnia.co.za/

DISCLAIMER:   This message contains information intended solely for the
addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient, you may not peruse,
use,
disseminate, distribute or copy this message or any file attached to this
message.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the
sender immediately by e-mail, facsimile or telephone and thereafter delete
the original message from your machine.  Furthermore, the information
contained in this message, and any attachments thereto, is for information
purposes only and may contain the  personal views and opinions of the
author, which are not necessarily the views and opinions of the Omnia
Group. Therefore the Omnia Group  does not accept liability for any
claims,
loss or damages of whatsoever nature, arising as a result of the reliance
on such information by anyone.    Whilst all reasonable steps are taken to
ensure the accuracy and integrity of information transmitted
electronically, the Omnia Group accepts  no liability or responsibility
whatsoever if information or data is, for whatsoever reason, incorrect,
corrupted or does not reach its intended destination.

computer.
list