Nope, can't happen like that.  Perhaps someone else can provide the
technical details off the top of their head.

However, if you're really interested in this type of info.  May I suggest
picking up a copy of "Fortress Rochester : The Inside Story of the IBM
Iseries" by Dr. Frank G. Soltis.   It goes into considerable technical
detail about the iSeries hardware and OS/400.

HTH,
Charles